Yet another but beautiful inclusion of the Vellore fort is St John’s Church. The church can be considered among the oldest churches in the city. The church holds its history from the year 1846 when it was constructed by the Reform Church of America (RCA).
The church saw its former location at the Filtered Road, from which it was shifted lately to the Fort premises. The church premises also holds the bodies of the British soldiers who lost their lives during the Sepoy Mutiny in the Vellore fort. The church also holds olden inscriptions chanting the history of the sacred shrine. The church holds regular prayers and commences the masses.